An Overview of Whalemap’s Tokenomics
Tokenomics: An Overview of Whalemap’s WMP & xWMP Tokens
$WMP will be native to Solana, but also cross-listed as an ERC-20 token.
Whalemap aims to provide easily accessible blockchain data to the public, and unlocking the full potential of Whalemap is now easier than ever with $WMP.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Whalemap’s native token, $WMP, as well as its secondary token, $xWMP, including allocations, rewards, staking, and governance.
Whalemap has two tokens, $WMP and $xWMP. $WMP is the backbone of Whalemap’s ecosystem of utility. It will be native to the Solana blockchain but will also be cross-listed as ERC-20. The total supply of $WMP is 300,000,000. The team has designed a 3-stage airdrop constituting 20% of the total circulating supply, a 10% liquidity mining program and a 1% public sale. The other 69% of the tokens will be locked up long-term.
$xWMP is the platform’s secondary token used to generate Whalemap’s utility.
$WMP and $xWMP were designed with the following principles in mind:
- Accrue value through utility, not hyperinflation
- Key supporters get rewarded as Whalemap’s usage grows
- Get access to leading on-chain analytics data
- Long-term lockups that are only meant for long-term believers in the project
- Specialized governance power over Whalemap
- Airdrop to Whalemap’s loyal users that have joined its journey so far
Using $WMP and $xWMP in Whalemap’s Economic Ecosystem
Within the Whalemap ecosystem, there are a variety of ways to both earn and use $WMP and $xWMP. How our users use our platform’s native tokens is entirely up to them. Different users will use $WMP for various reasons, while others might focus on the many utilities of $xWMP. Let’s take a closer look at the possible “roles” that users can take on as holders of Whalemap’s two tokens, and the benefits that come with them.
$WMP Holders (“The Farmer”)
Users can stake $WMP to earn $xWMP. This $xWMP can be sold on a DEX, exchanged, or used to purchase a Whalemap Pro subscription. Or just hold it to earn even more. $WMP will also be used as the platform’s governance token. More information will be announced on that at a later date.
$xWMP Holders (“The Community”)
If you hold $xWMP, the $xWMP smart contract will reward you for doing so in the form of $xWMP. These rewards come from our smart contract, which distributes $xWMP in accordance with how much you hold.
$xWMP Smart Contract (“The Redistributor”)
Whalemap’s smart contract, though not technically a “user role,” is an integral part of our ecosystem. It has been designed to give back to the community in the form of $xWMP. $xWMP holders will receive a portion of the redistributed $xWMP. Much like our beliefs on data, we believe that wealth should be shared.
Pro Whalemap User (“The Trader”)
If you used $xWMP to purchase a Whalemap Pro subscription, then congratulations and welcome to the most advanced blockchain data available on the market. Whalemap offers a free version of our platform, but the real insights come from our pro version. Features of Whalemap Pro are detailed below.
*To ensure stability and reward long-term holders, the team has developed a burn mechanism, as well as usage reward mechanisms.
Here’s a quick graphic showing how these various “roles” can use and earn our tokens within the Whalemap ecosystem.
Whalemap Pro Summary: Features
Whalemap Pro will have five key features:
- Super Real-time Analytics — Mempool analytics analysed in real-time
- Address Tagging — Tagging which type of player has made a transaction (exchange, OTC desk, retail player, whale, miner, etc.)
- Multichain Support — We will be bringing classic Whalemap charts to Solana, Polygon, Ethereum, and other blockchains
- DEX Integration — Integrating a trade button on our platform that will allow our users to buy and swap tokens on a DEX without leaving Whalemap
- DeFi Analytics — Gain insight into DeFi tokens’ true value based on underlying fundametals of their smart contracts
Whalemap Pro will be released next year and the demo version released in Q1 2022.
Token Distribution: Allocation Chart
As Whalemap continues to grow, we have several exciting developments planned for $WMP. Here is a general outline of our plan for our native platform tokens:
- Max Supply 300M — Establish the total supply
- Public Sale — Solstarter public sale
- DEX Trading Pair — Token goes live on the market
- Liquidity Mining Program — Incentive program for staking liquidity
- WMP Ecosystem of utility — xWMP and WMP staking goes live
- 1st Airdrop — 5% of the supply will be distributed among existing users
Whalemap was built by former physicists and designers with simplicity and utility in mind. Our goal is to bring transparency to the crypto market using fundamental blockchain data that is reliable, precise, fast, and comprehensible.